How to check Sharepoint 2007 Versions
Recently I was trying to figure out the Version of Sharepoint and yes it's not pretty straight forward you might need to do several tricks to determine it.
Here are some pointers –
- Navigate to the \12\bin\ folder and check file versions (For more information on the first technique read this TechNet article)
- Use IIS Manager and look at the web site properties
Second approach - because it takes some of the guesswork out of the process. The basic steps for using IIS Manager to determine the SharePoint version are:
- Sign in one of your SharePoint front end web servers
- Open IIS Manager (can be found by navigating to Start, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Server (IIS) Manager)
- Expend the folder labeled "Web Sites"
- Right-click on the web site named "SharePoint Central Administration" and select "Properties"
- Click on the tab named "HTTP Headers"
- Look at the field named "Customer HTTP Headers"
- Compare the value displayed for "MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices" to the following list.